Business Control Systems is looking for a savvy Systems Engineer to provide plant computing systems support for a nuclear station. If you have hands on experience working within a nuclear environment along with Cisco network infrastructure expertise, this is the job for you!
- Provide System Engineering and technical expertise for real time process computer system enhancements and maintenance
- Develop and maintain computer system documentation and design basis information to ensure integrity of computer systems and conformance with the HNP Operating License, Technical Specifications, and client’s Nuclear Quality Assurance Program
- Assist customer population with plan computing systems
- Identify and resolve computer hardware and software problems for plant process computing systems
- Analyze client/ technology requirements and develop/support the computing technology environment
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify user requirements
- Establish standards within prescribed guidelines for the implementation of computing technologies
- Provide implementation and operation support to the Nuclear Generation Group related to current and new process computing technologies
- 2 year degree in Engineering or Computer Science or 2 years relevant experience
- 5 or more years’ experience within a nuclear environment
- Experience with Cisco network infrastructure development
- Experience with Microsoft Office products with Windows OS XP and Windows Server 2008
- Experience with “C”, Windows Visual Fortran, Unix or QNX programming skills or equivalent programming experience
- Experience with real time computing systems
- Knowledge of VAX Operating Systems and hardware is a plus
Business Control Systems, LP (BCS) is a 31-year-old agent of highly-skilled engineering and IT professionals who achieve outstanding results for our clients. We start with the best in whom we invest!
We strongly encourage veterans to apply!