Cisco seeks a senior Systems Engineer to partner with our account team in a direct customer technical pre-sales role working with a top tier Cable MSO customer. The selected candidate will focus on Cisco IP Next Generation Network (IP NGN) technologies. The candidate must possess strong technical, collaborative, and consultative skills and capacities in order to showcase Cisco products and solutions, effectively demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, and provide hands-on lab and live customer production network support. Additional aspects of this role encompass assisting with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for customer opportunities and network objectives, actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team, and provides consultative support in their area of specialization with the broader members of Cisco’s Systems Engineering team.
The candidate must have in-depth understanding and knowledge of Cisco technologies and applications focused on the IP NGN. In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly as well as stay technically relevant, the ideal candidate should possess strong interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills. It is expected that the selected candidate will be comfortable evangelizing the value of Cisco products and solutions with passion and confidence – including:
• Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support.
• Maintain product roadmaps and alignment between the customer and relevant business unit. The ability to capture and communicate customer requirements and details with the business unit to drive feature creation meeting customer needs and expectations.
• Perform technical presentations for customers and account team. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
• 7+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
• CCIE certification highly desirable and preferred.
• Work location is in Austin, TX. Position may require up to 30% travel.
This is a unique career enhancing opportunity for high potential candidates looking for both a challenge and chance to garner experience and skills at the leading edge of current network development and technologies. The ideal candidate should possess technical depth in SP IP Core and Edge with knowledge in Data Center. The individual must have excellent teamwork, collaboration, business, and leadership skills with a commitment to customer success and a relentless drive for results.
Desirable Abilities and Requisite Skills;
1. In-depth knowledge in networking protocols to include IP/MPLS, ISIS/OSPF, BGP, and IP Multicast in an IP video environment.
2. In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in as many of the following areas of specialization as possible: Service Provider Core and Architectures, Peering, Data Center, IP Video, Metro Ethernet, VPNs, VPLS, Security, and QoS.
3. Knowledge of Cisco XR/XE based platforms such as the CRS and ASR 9000/1000 highly desirable.
4. Competitive skills including understanding of major competitors’ technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
5. Excellent written, verbal, listening, presentation, and business skills.
6. Ability to work effectively in a broad geography leveraging collaboration tools for interactions.
7. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...