It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are.
The Systems Engineer will work along with a Global Team in a pre-sales engineering role. This individual will be the technical interface to large global clients. Responsibilities include working closely with fellow Sales Engineer’s (SE) and Global Account Managers (GAM) to drive solutions, help qualify Cisco products and generate sales opportunities in partnership with the Global Team.
Cisco is always looking to identify talented people, especially Systems Engineers. If you are reading this posting then we may not have an open job for Systems Engineers right now, however it is highly likely we will in the future. If you are interested in working for Cisco in this capacity then please submit your details and CV or resume against this requisition so that when a suitable vacancy arises Cisco representative can contact you directly. This position generally requires the following skills:
- Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent strongly preferred.
- Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of IP Routing/Switching, WAN/LAN protocols (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, etc), Cisco voice gateways (MGCP/SIP).
- Cisco product experience and in Storage Area Networking (SAN - MDS), Datacenter Switching (DCS - Nexus) and Unified Compute System (UCS) or product experience in key competitor offerings highly preferred
- Knowledge of relevant Cisco solutions, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive route/switch knowledge is also beneficial.
- Understanding and conversant about industry competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Travel and ability to work on-site at the client is required
Cisco Systems - 17 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...