For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco is seeking a Consulting System Engineer to work in North West, Arkansas to provide guidance and assist account teams in building solutions to address specific customer needs. In this position, you will be working with technology experts to help them position the solution effectively against competing offerings. Related technical knowledge is essential, and sales skills are important. This is a good opportunity for someone to work as a leader in the Data Center field with today's most innovative teams in a demanding and growing industry environment-enabling career advancement in technical or management roles.
• Serve as the subject matter expert in Unified Compute System (UCS), Cloud, and MDS solutions
• Maintain area or operation responsibilities for selected major account opportunities.
• Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities.
• Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements.
• Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Data Center technologies.
• Create, present and document technical solutions.
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects.
• Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e. technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership.
• Perform a PoC (Proof of Concept) for data Center product lines
• Minimum 7+ years of technical sales experience with 5+ years in data center specialization experience in a pre-sales or consulting role working with the following technologies are required:
• Virtualization (Hyper Visors/ VMware, Hyper V, Redhat)
• X86 Architecture, RISC
• VDI Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, other Unix a plus)
• Applications experience such as SAP, Oracle, Oracle RAC,
• Hands-on with enterprise compute (HP, IBM, Dell etc.…)
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
• Pre-Sales experience required.
• CCIE certification preferred.
• Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Ability to work on site at the customer as needed
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...