For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey
Cisco is searching for an experienced Systems Engineer with a strong unified communications background. A foundation in core networking (routing and switching) is also important for this role. This SE will partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco’s Unified Communications Solutions/Architecture. Qualified candidates should bring industry knowledge and years of technology experience to aid in technical selling, explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. He\she will gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in an assigned geography. Staying up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services is essential. Candidate will focus on technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects and assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Other activities include participation as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and providing consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
8+ years of networking\telecommunications\datacenter industry related experience is required. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area is also preferred. Pre-Sales experience required. Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP CCDP or similar vender Certification Required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
2. Strong knowledge of Unified Communications
3. Ability to work effectively and add value as a team member.
4. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
5. Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
1. Deep knowledge of Layer 2 and Layer 3 networking, especially those elements related to datacenter.
2. Industry knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
3. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
3. Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
Cisco Systems - 23 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...