In our lifetime, we've seen the most incredible change in how we connect and communicate.
We're entering the age of the "Internet of Everything," where we're going to connect the unconnected—including people, process, data, and things.
And it's in this new world where we'll talk to each other in entirely new ways. As a result, networked connections will become more relevant and more valuable than ever before. As we connect the previously unconnected, amazing things will happen and amazing experiences will be created. We'll also see unprecedented opportunities for countries, businesses, and individuals.
And it's these new connections that will unlock vast human potential.
The possibilities are endless and it's happening all around us.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role covering larger Commercial customers, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned region. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team, preferably Collaboration, and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
1. 7+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP and/or CCIE certification highly desirable. Must have in-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization in Collaboration, Data Center or Borderless Networks.
2. In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least two of the following area's of specialization: Unified Communications, Data Center (Switching, UCS, Compute) or Borderless Networks (Campus, WAN, Security and/or Wireless)
3. Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
4. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
5. Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
7. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
8. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
Cisco Systems - 9 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...