For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco's Global Enterprise Theater (GET) seeks a Systems Engineer to work within a geographically dispersed Global Sales Team in a pre-sales engineering role. This individual will be a technical interface to a global Fortune 10 customer. Responsibilities include working closely with fellow technical resources and Global Account Managers (GAM) to recognize and qualify sales opportunities, position and drive solutions, and ultimately generate sales. The successful candidate will combine technical aptitude and business acumen along with effective communication skills. Along with positioning Cisco solutions to the customer, the candidate should also have ability to position specific customer requirements to Cisco product management that add value to Cisco commercial offerings.
The candidate is expected to stay abreast of their assigned technology areas. Candidates should be expected to perform technical presentations for small and large groups of customers. Candidates will also be expected to assist with the development of formal sales strategies and proposals for assigned opportunities.
• 5+ years of Cisco product/solution experience is required.
• Technical pre-sales experience is highly recommended.
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent is highly recommended..
• Candidate should have in-depth knowledge of IP Routing/Switching, WAN/LAN protocols (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, etc.), and Layer 2 LAN protocols.
• CCIE certification is preferred.
• Competitive route/switch knowledge is preferred.
• Background in Data Center solutions is preferred; virtualization and compute knowledge for multiple venders preferred, storage and SAN experience is preferred preferred.
• Background in Collaboration technologies (voice, video, unified communications) is preferred.
• Understanding and conversant about industry competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats is preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation, and presentation skills are required.
• Ability to work effectively with a team, add value as a team member, and assume a leadership role for the team is required.
• Ability to work on-site at the client is required.
• Some travel is required.
Cisco Systems - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...