For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco is seeking a senior Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Managers in a Pre-sales technical role, presenting Cisco products and solutions, setting up proof of concepts, and explaining features and benefits to meet specific customer needs. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and presentation skills coupled with a strong technical depth required to drive customer confidence.
This position is to cover the Defense Agencies Region that is part of the US Public Sector, Federal DoD business. The Defense Agencies Region includes the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) and a set of smaller DoD accounts in the Washington, DC area. The candidate should have a background in Public Sector Federal Government.
The ideal candidate will have a technical degree and/or relevant industry certifications; be highly motivated, self-driven, have a positive attitude, and have experience in Enterprise class core networks and service offerings. Also, the ideal candidate will have an active or be clearable for a US Government DoD security clearance. The candidate must have a strong Core Routing, Switching and Security experience with a preferred background in Data Center technologies.
- 10 years-related experience in Networking or IT Company
- 5 years of experience in a Pre-sales capacity selling within the Federal government market
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge and skills in Core IP Network Routing/Switching and associated technologies
- Experience with Data Center technologies
- A consultative approach to educate and influence customers, partners and team members on the value proposition, business drivers and solutions
- Understanding of the Sales cycle within the Federal procurement environment and the challenges that can affect the business
- Excellent customer presence; outstanding written, verbal, and listening skills; technical/non-technical presentation skills for a variety of audience types
Applicants selected will be subjected to a US government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements including, but not limited to, US Citizenship.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...