For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Managers in a direct customer technical pre-sales role. The selected candidate will work in a wide variety of technologies and needs strong collaborative and consultative skills and capacities in order to showcase Cisco products and solutions, effectively demonstrate technical solutions and capabilities, provide hands-on lab assistance as well as collaborate in the areas of overall network trends product evolution and customer direction. Additional aspects of this role include assisting with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for customer opportunities, actively participating as a specialist on a Virtual Team and providing consultative support in their area of specialization with the broader members of Cisco's Engineering team.
7+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required. This position typically requires at least a BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
CCIE certification is highly desirable.
The ideal candidate should possess technical depth with Service Providers in two or more areas to include Optical (Packet Transport, DWDM, HFC transport) IP Core and Edge or Data Center. The individual must have excellent teamwork, collaboration, business, and leadership skills with a commitment to customer success and a relentless drive for results. Ideal location for this position is central to western half of the US.
Desirable Abilities and Requisite Skills:
1. In-depth knowledge of networking protocols.
2. In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in as many of the following areas of specialization as possible: Data Center, Core Architectures, Peering, Metro Ethernet, VPNs, VPLS, Security, QoS, and optical (Packet Transport, DWDM, HFC transport).
3. Knowledge of Cisco XR/XE based platforms such as ASR 9000/1000 highly desirable.
4. Competitive skills including understanding of Alcatel, BTI, Brocade, Cyan, Juniper and technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
5. Excellent written, verbal, listening, presentation, and business skills.
6. Ability to work effectively in a broad geography leveraging collaboration tools for interactions.
7. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
8. Service Provider experience is desirable.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...