For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Manager in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions. Setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in multiple vertical markets. The candidate must have the ability to learn quickly and stay current with the latest business and technology innovations, The ideal candidate must have excellent interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills and keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in the assigned territory. Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
In addition, the candidate must have the following qualifications:
1. 7+ years related experience
2. Cisco product experience is required
3. Competitive product ePre-Sales experienced is required
4. BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred.
5. In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in more than one area of specialization.
6. Strong operating experience in more than one of the following areas of specialization: Unified Communications/Collaboration technologies, Datacenter/Virtualization, Wireless/ Borderless Network
7. Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
8. Must be viewed as a leader by senior management, peers, customers and Cisco corporate organizations.
9. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
10. Ability to participate as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
11. Ability to understand complex technical and selling situations and the ability to solve the problem or solicit the required resources.
Cisco Systems - 15 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...