Cisco is looking for a talented, System Engineer who wants to collaborate with smart, like-minded people, who are passionately involved in helping customers solve their business problems of today while also defining a solution that allows the customer to have scalability and flexibility for the future. Within Cisco, you will find no shortage of challenging problems to work on – after all, changing the way the world lives, works and plays is never easy. We are seeking energetic people who have the know how to deliver solutions leading to results for customers. We welcome big thinkers and budding entrepreneurs, unafraid to take on seemingly impossible challenges and interested in learning how to build upon business along the way. Whether you are looking to expand your technical knowledge, utilize your expertise to it’s fullest or re-invent yourself, Cisco is interested in applicants who possess the desire to make an impact. As an SE, you will have access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. You will be able to communicate the value of Cisco architectural solutions at both the technical and business level. In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence. With your experience, you understand and can take the lead on moving opportunities thru the sales process from a technical prospective, knowing when to engage other teams for success and closure.
Must have skills:
- Ability to build strong customer relationships leading to trusted advisor status within customer and partner base
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in more than one of the following area's of specialization: Data Center, Security, QoS, Routing Protocols, LAN Switching, Unified Collaboration Voice, Unified Collaboration Video, Optical Networking, WAN, or Mobile Wireless
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Public Sector knowledge highly desirable
- At least 8+ years-related IT services or pre-sales experience is required BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
CCIE certification highly desirable
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...