For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
The Jump Start program is a 1 year training program to develop Cisco Systems Engineers. As a Jump Start SE, you will spend 12-14 weeks in a comprehensive training program. You will be expected to develop knowledge of routing & routed protocols, Cisco's core architectures, sales, presentation and professional skills. This training and development will continue beyond the classroom with on-the-job training. Here you will learn to provide presales technical assistance to systems engineers and account managers on their accounts. In this support capacity you will:
• Help design Cisco networks.
• Assist Cisco field sales teams and partners with product and bill of material configuration.
• Create configurations based on engineering designs.
• Provide support to Customer Engineering, management and sales teams.
• Set up equipment for demonstrations to existing and prospective customers and sales teams.
Throughout these activities you will be assisted by a technical mentor assigned to optimize productivity and learning.
Upon completion of 1 full year in the Jump Start program, you will migrate to a Systems Engineer role at Cisco.
• Prefer BS (EE/ECE/Telecommunications/or CS) degree. The following and other degrees will be considered: Information Systems, Math, and Business.
• 2-5 years professional work experience in an IT capacity.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills is required.
• Computer and Internet literate.
• Ability to understand complex technical issues and apply technical solutions.
• Ability to speak and present to a group.
• Knowledge of TCP/IP, and networking protocols is a plus.
• Cisco certifications desired (CCNA).
• Strong understanding of and hands on experience with networking technology such as routers & switches is a plus.
Cisco Systems - 18 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...