Cisco Prime Home team is looking for a systems engineer with experience in operations to manage & support Prime Home deployments.
Cisco Prime Home offers telecommunication service providers the ability to automatically activate and configure subscribers; manage customer premises equipment, and deliver advanced services via service packages over DSL, fiber, cable, T1/E1, wireless, and satellite networks. Prime Home is offered as a Hosted service, a highly scalable and available solution to remotely TR-069-compliant CPEs from a variety of vendors.
Successful candidate will have
• Ability to work independently and as a team player to produce effective results in a fast paced dynamic environment.
• Ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Able to manage priorities, deadlines and tasks in order to meet deadlines and accomplish goals.
• Solid analytical skills - uses logic and reasoning to identify complex problems;
• Experience and ability to work with offshore/Onshore/global teams
• Experience in implementation and testing of distributed, fault-tolerant systems with particular attention to security, scalability, high performance,
• Good understanding of Application protocols and behaviors on the network, specifically real-time traffic (data), transaction-oriented data.
• Understanding of network configurations, communication protocols and Load Balancers.
• Strong grasp of security concepts and current technology including firewalls, SSL, SSH, HTTPs, certs
• Cloud concepts & solutions; Amazon, Rackspace
• Virtualization; VMware
• Cisco UCS technologies
• Capacity planning and forecasting experience
• Networking skills, including LAN, WAN, LDAP, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux, RHEL, CentOS , systems administration experience
• Linux shell and/or Ruby scripting experience
• Knowledge of Database technologies, MySQL , Mongo DB. Database administration experience; Database performance and query optimization, replication, backup and recovery
• DSL/Cable modem and TCP/IP network troubleshooting experience
• Familiar with nagios, New relic and system monitoring solutions
• Familiar with Active MQ, Flume (logging), SOLR (search engine)
• Install, configure and maintain the Prime Home service offering environment; including hosted instances, back ups, disaster recovery, monitoring
• Ensure system supportability, reliability, Availability, disaster recovery
• Identify and document operational best practices
• Monitor and generate reports on various aspects of operations such Service availability and uptime, SLA metrics, system performance, cost analysis, usage statistics, etc
• Track and facilitate resolution of operational issues
• Communicate with clients and stakeholders
• Provide 2nd level technical support
• Evaluate technologies and technical alternatives to provide recommendations,
• Forecast future capacity and plan system changes that will ensure high service availability and SLA.
Cisco Systems - 17 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...