It's an exciting time to be part of Cisco's U.S. National Partner Organization (NPO).
Cisco NPO team is looking for a seasoned, experienced Partner Systems Engineer (SE) to join our team and lead assigned Cisco's U.S. National Partner(s) to Achieve Customer Success (core to Cisco’s culture) and Growth through Loyal and Profitable business models with Expertise in Connected Architectures and Services.
In this NPO SE role you will leverage your Sales, Business, Industry, and Technical acumen, and be responsible to Own the Technical Franchise to Enable and Advocate OUR Partner’s architectural practices.
The NPO SE uses strong communications, technical skill set, broad experience and extensive network of resources to work with all aspects of Cisco's business including Marketing, Capital, Direct and Partner Sales Organizations, Advanced and Emerging Technologies groups, Services Organizations, and CDO Business Units.
The NPO SE will engage and influence how Partners Go To Market, Brand their business, optimize their operations and utilization of programs and certifications, and develop their teams (Sales, Engineering, and Executives).
The NPO SE teams with their Partner Account Manager business partner to build and execute on their combined strategic business and technical plan with their assigned Partner(s).
The NPO SE will showcase Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to Partners and Customers and designing and configuring products to meet specific business needs.After growing the partner’s capabilities and capacity, NPO SE will also help partner drive Cisco Demand Generation activities within key markets utilizing extended teams as needed.
The NPO SE will gain access to and maintain fluency in the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets.
The NPO SE will have direct responsibilities for selected Partner(s) with a national presence. Keep up-to-date on relevant industry trends, competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for Partner(s). Perform sales, business and technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned Partners. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team(s) and special projects, and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers.
In additional to sales, business, technological aptitude, the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
This position will report to the Manager, Systems Engineering focused on the National Partner Organization.
The Successful candidate with possess the following Qualifications:
- 5+ years-related experience.
- Cisco product/solution experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required.
- Pre-Sales experience required.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
- Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent.
- CCNP/CCDP Certification Required
- CCIE Highly Recommended
- New hire must obtain certification within first year of employment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, and strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work strategically, independently and effectively,adding value as a team member.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
- Strong problem solving skills: ability to assess a problem and determine an effective course of action; ability to collaborate with business partner and team members to determine best action for resolution in the interest of Customers, Partners, and Cisco.
- Knowledge of baseline SE skills in one or more area of Cisco’s architectural specializations.
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one of the following area's of specialization: VPN's, Security, QoS, Remote/Local Access, IBM, Multi-Service (Voice and Video), Campus/MAN, WAN, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems or Wireless (relevant to assignment).
- Knowledge of relevant architectures and solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
- Understanding and conversant about company, solutions and product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Knowledge ane expertise in Cisco an Partner lifecycle services, Cisco promotional and partner profitability programs(OIP/VIP/TIP) Assessment based selling
Cisco Systems - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...