It's an exciting time to work at Cisco. With all the hype around Software Define Networks and Cloud networks the networks industry is becoming the center of attention again. Every day we connect people to the network and make it come to life. Whether it's using e-learning to educate students far from city centers or downloading the entire Library of Congress in seconds, our networking technology has not only revolutionized the way people do things, but who they are. People are more informed, more efficient, and more involved. With all forms of communications converging onto the network, Cisco is entering an exciting new era. The concept of the network as the platform for transforming life's experiences is no longer a possibility: It is quickly becoming a reality. And Cisco is leading the experience.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role covering K-12 and State & local governments,, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory. Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services. Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities. Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers. Must identify area of specialization.
1. 7+ years-related experience. Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required. Pre-Sales experience required.
Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent. CCNP and/or CCIE certification highly desirable and/or preferred. Must have in-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth technical knowledge in at least one area of specialization in Data Center or Borderless Networks.
2. In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least two of the following area's of specialization: Data Center (Switching, UCS, Compute) or Borderless Networks (Campus, WAN, Security and/or Wireless) Or Unified Communication
3. Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications.
4. Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings.
5. Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
6. Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills. 7. Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team.
8. Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills.
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...