For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a pre-sales technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions-setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers-and designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. Gain access to the broad palette of Cisco technologies and applications in a variety of vertical markets. In additional to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills evoke passion and confidence.
• Direct account and partner responsibilities for selected accounts in assigned territory or across an assigned segment
• Keep up-to-date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
• Provide technical and sales support for accounts in assigned territory
• Perform technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
• Assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals for assigned opportunities
• Actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Team and provides consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers
• Must identify area of specialization.
• Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis required
• In-depth knowledge of baseline SE skills and in-depth knowledge in at least one area of specialization
• In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following area's of specialization: VPN's, Security, QoS, Remote/Local Access, IBM, Multi-Service (Voice and Video), Campus/MAN, WAN, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems or Wireless (relevant to assignment)
• Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
• Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
• Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
• Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
• Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
• Demonstrated technical knowledge and consultative skills
• Pre-Sales experience required
• 3-5 years-related experience
• Background as 3G engineer (preferably senior engineering management position) in cellular company. Deep understanding of cellular Radio Access Networks.
• Radio planning and optimization: tools development/ network planning.
• Typically requires BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent
• CCIE certification highly desirable
Cisco Systems - 8 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...