For years, Cisco's vision has been to change the way the world works, lives, plays, and learns. Our vision is more relevant today than ever. We made the Internet what it is today. First, we focused on creating connectivity. Now, we're entering the Internet of Everything transition—an era where we'll help create unprecedented value by connecting the unconnected.
The Internet of Everything is a global industry phenomenon that is driving the biggest market transition for Cisco and our customers. This includes the intelligent connection of people, process, data, and things. It's where everything is converged on the Internet, making networked connections more relevant and valuable than before.
To help us bring this vision to life, join us in our exciting journey.
Cisco seeks a Systems Engineer to partner with our Account Executives in a Pre-sales, technical role, showcasing Cisco product solutions, setting up demonstrations and explaining features and benefits to customers.
System Engineers at Cisco will be designing and configuring products to meet specific customer needs. In addition to technological aptitude, and the ability to learn quickly and stay current, the ideal candidate's interpersonal, presentation and troubleshooting skills should evoke passion and confidence.
This System Engineer position will be responsible for the following:
- keep up to date on relevant competitive solutions, products and services
- give technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
- assist with the development of formal sales plans and proposals
- actively participate as a specialist on assigned Virtual Teams and provide consultative support in their area of specialization to other Systems Engineers
-joint accountability for the planning and success of an account
System Engineers will be able to demonstrate the following:
- In-depth knowledge and strong operating experience in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Security, QoS, Remote/Local Access, DataCenter, Storage, Unified Communication (Voice and Video), Campus/MAN, WAN, Optical Networking, Transmission Systems, Wireless, Data Center Computing
- Knowledge of relevant solutions sets, product line specifications, performance criteria and applications
- Competitive knowledge (in their area of specialization) including solution, technology and product offerings
- Understanding and conversant about company, competitors, technologies, solutions, product strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a team member and assume a leadership role for the team
-Ability to work independently with little to no direct supervision
7+ years-related pre-sales experience (virtual selling experience highly desirable)
Cisco product experience or relevant experience in key competitor offerings in technology area of emphasis BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent experience/certification
CCIE certification highly desirable
VMWare VCP certification highly desirable
Cisco Systems - 19 months ago
Are you changing the world? We are.
Cisco, a worldwide leader in IT, is changing the way the world works, lives, plays and learns. Our...