Cloudmark is a profitable, privately-held company that produces high performance messaging security solutions to the world's largest ISPs, mobile operators and social networks.
We offer competitive wages, an annual bonus program, and stock options. Cloudmark employees work hard while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
This position is based in the SOMA district of San Francisco. We are located next to a Muni Metro station, close to Cal-Train, and 10 minutes by Muni from BART.
We are seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Operations team where you will be;
Qualifications – Required
- Working in a fast-paced environment designing and implementing Cloudmark's Production Environment
- Coordinate deployments with various teams
- Create Perl-based tools for monitoring, configuration management, and deployment.
- Administer unix servers, databases, and web-based services for Production Environment
- Provide on-call and scheduled support for Production Cloudmark services, including problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Build, administer and maintain services, servers, and networks, for production Cloudmark services.
Qualifications – Preferred
- SQL programming. In depth MySQL knowledge and experience.
- 3+ years of Perl Programming
- Must be able to build a UNIX network, with domain name services, mail services (sendmail), web services (Apache), database services (MySql, Oracle), file services (Samba), security services (SSH, iptables) and production and development applications
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems is required (RedHat, installation kickstart construction). Ability to diagnose and correct operating system level issues and to perform kernel-level performance tuning, specifically with respect to database performance and disk I/O.
Cloudmark is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
- Nagios and/or Cacti experience
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP networking design and administration and experience with Cisco switches and routers.
- Database optimization.
- Ability to specify the appropriate hardware for a given application. Ability to configure and deploy hardware and system software.
- Experience with spam prevention.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- BS in computer science or related field.
Cloudmark - 9 months ago