We have an outstanding career opportunity for a successful Systems Engineer located in our St. Louis, MO office. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced pre-sales engineer with an understanding of driving revenue and pre-sales support to current and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will bring sales engineering, solution creation and customer decision making in this fast paced and rapid growing organization.
Position Responsibilities include:
Position Requirements include:
- Work as part of pre-sales team to formulate account strategies.
- Perform discovery while engaging with the customer to understand key technical, financial, operational, and business issues that can be mitigated or alleviated with the CommVault Simpana suite.
- Distill the discovery into a concise message, outlining the salient technical, business, operational, and financial inefficiencies/challenges that the Simpana suite addresses.
- Create and present the business case surrounded by merits of a Simpana solution to C-level executives.
- Propose and demonstrate the CommVault Simpana suite of products through the use of demo’s, white board, pilots, "proof-of-concepts", presentations, etc.
- Own the technical relationship with CommVault accounts.
- Develop strong customer relationships, ensuring that technical account management best practices are being followed by the systems engineering team.
- Work with internal departments (sales, support, marketing, development), as appropriate, to ensure success during sales campaigns and/or to ensure the customer experience is extremely positive.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years in the software or storage industry; 3+ years experience serving in a pre-sales systems engineer role
- Experience delivering, presenting, selling, supporting Enterprise Clients (Fortune 500 Companies) - Working or competitive knowledge of Symantec/Veritas NBU, EMC/Legato Networker, IBM TSM, Symantec Enterprise Vault, etc
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Prior experience selling, installing, and architecting data management solutions (backup and recovery, data migration, replication, compliance, SRM, etc)
- Specialized knowledge/skills and demonstrated proficiency with at least one major open systems operating system (UNIX or NT)
- Enterprise application exposure or knowledge of (Oracle, Exchange, Informix, Sharepoint, etc)
- Advanced knowledge of tape drives, libraries, storage arrays, storage networking, networking protocols, and general connectivity in multi-platform enterprise environments
- Success penetrating and managing major accounts (Fortune 500-1000)
- Travel 30%+ of the time within assigned territory
Commvault Systems - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard
CommVault Systems wants to have a lock on data management. The company provides software that customers use to store and manage enterprise...