Takes a lead role in providing highly visible on-site customer support through the performance of on-site installation, servicing and repair of complex Cray equipment and systems. Provides both hardware and software technical support and maintenance for Cray’s massively parallel computer systems. Responsible for understanding and complying with Cray internal controls.
• Provides expert pre-sale and/or post-sale technical support of company producs/systems
• Provides technical support for presentations, product demonstrations, installation and maintenance of company products to ensure that the system is functioning according to specifications
• Analyzes system software, third-party software and hardware issues. Determines solution and implements repair or workaround when possible
• Escalates problems to product support groups and appropriate management to ensure timely resolution of system or customer issues
• Answers customer inquiries concerning system software, hardware and applications
• Provides software development and consultation to prospective users
• Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment and software
• Instructs customers in system operation and maintenance
• Provides both remote and on-site responses to calls for assistance and service
• Responsible for utilizing and managing maintenance software and diagnostics tools
• Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field/discipline. At this level, graduate coursework may be desirable.
• 12+ years of experience, ideally in an HPC-related area
• Expert knowledge and experience of Linux/Unix operating systems, file systems, networking and security
• Acquaintance with specific needs of HPC users desired
• Programming and scripting knowledge and experience (e.g. Perl, Python, C++, etc.)
• Ability to gather data and perform root-case analysis, escalating to the next level of support or Engineering with recommendation for resolution
• In-depth knowledge of and experience in maintaining system hardware and software, utilizing diagnostic tools and debugging tools for problem isolation. Performs software builds, software upgrades, patch installation and hardware repairs (swapping boards, etc.) as needed
• Organizational skills that support taking an analytical approach to problems and driving solutions to problems through to their conclusion.
• Ability to lead a team in investigating and resolving complex problems
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent leadership skills, interpersonal skills, customer relations skills and problem management skills, with the ability to stay calm and professional under pressure while working to strict deadlines.
• Ability to function as team lead to include mentoring other technical support staff, coordinating all hardware site activities, and acting as liaison to customer
Cray - 12 months ago
Cray Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets and services high-performance computing (HPC) systems, commonly known as supercomputers....