The Systems Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the information systems that support core organizational functions at DSS clients. This is achieved by project assignments or long-term managed services which can include design and implementation, monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing infrastructure solutions. The Systems Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- 5+years of relevant work experience with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Operating Systems, including the Windows server 2003/2008/2008 R2.
- Advanced knowlege of Exchange 2007 and 2010 with the ability to identify deficiencies, make recommendations for improvement, design and deploy new installations, plan upgrades, troubleshoot issues as well as the day to day administration tasks.
- Ability to design simple to complex mail routing configurations.
- Understanding of Exchange backup and recovery methods.
-Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DNS and Digital Certificates.
- Ability to learn new tochnologies quickly as required.
- Experience with SQL, SharePoint, Lync 2010 is a plus.
- Certifications are a plus but not required, however ongoing certification/recertification is expected.
-A college degree in a Computer Science is preferred but prior education and experience will be considered heaviliy.
The candidate will be expected to:
- particpate in on-call rotation
-participate in projects that may be scheduled outside of normal business hours
- interface with DSS customers in presales meetings
- participate in projects and respond to reactive support incidents outside of the area of messaging.