Performs system and subsystem integration, technical risk assessments, technical planning, verification and validation, and supportability and effectiveness analyses of total systems throughout the system lifecycle. Analyses are performed at all levels of total systems product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specification.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design of aircraft electrical systems and components
- Conduct technical research and prepare technical documentation and presentations
- Technical direction of electrical system certification projects
- Technical direction for sub-contract development of electrical systems and components
- 5+ years experience with aircraft electrical system and component design
- 14 CFR Part 23 Certification
- RTCA DO-160 Qualification
- Project and team leadership
- Subcontract technical management
- Electrical and systems design and certification
- Power generation and distribution design and certification
- Avionics and electrical systems test and integration
- HIRF/Lightning/EMI design, testing, and certification
- BSEE (May be waved in consideration of relevant professional experience)
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities
- FAA DER Appointments in Lightning/HIRF protection, EMI, Software, etc.
Eclipse Aerospace - 2 years ago