We are actively seeking candidates to fill Systems Engineer positions in our Engineering Services organization to assist in the definition, design, installation, optimization, and maintenance of process control and instrumentation systems in our customers manufacturing facilities. Systems engineers will be challenged with process control projects and support opportunities involving system hardware design, software configuration, instrumentation design, and plant operations improvement. The engineer experiences a broad range of topics including control strategy analysis, and manufacturing plant troubleshooting and support.
The Systems Engineer will be an important member of our Engineering Services Team. This team is full of industry experts! Our experts have decades of experience using DeltaV and Emerson process measurement systems. The Systems engineer will use the Experitec engineering team as a resource while being challenged with delivering independent results. This position requires a hands-on approach, a strong work ethic, refined troubleshooting skills, and a commitment to excellence.
The Systems Engineer will work to establish a strong relationship with Experitec’s customers. Through these relationships, the engineer will identify and address areas of improvement within the customer’s facility. The Systems Engineer will work with plant operations, process engineering, maintenance, and technical support while providing design guidance and being the partner our customer needs in identifying areas of improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Systems engineer will provide engineering services and design skills that are required to maintain process control systems. The required activities will include process control design, automation system configuration, project execution, instrument specification and selection, and construction support. The engineer will deliver quality solutions and services to customers using the technologies provided by DeltaV, DeltaV SIS, Asset Management Systems (AMS) and other Emerson solutions.
The Systems Engineer will be a member of the engineering team that will coordinate and install control systems and field instrumentation. The engineer will develop a strong understanding of continuous and batch manufacturing processes, and will work closely with manufacturing plant process operations personnel. Together they will work to identify opportunities and optimize the performance of the key control loops within the customer’s facility.
In addition to plant operations and optimization responsibilities, the engineer will:
Typical work assignments include:
- Perform operator and maintenance training
- Perform process control equipment installation and startup
- Perform system upgrades and preventative maintenance activities
- Proactively learn to apply new automation products on a regular basis
- Embrace and reflect Experitec’s Core Values
- Achieve technical knowledge of the products and services we deploy at the customer site
- Serve the team through your technical knowledge and technical leadership
- Develop and implement control system configuration
- Perform engineering and design studies
- Design and implement effective operator interfaces using DeltaV
- Integrating PLCs, safety systems, and field devices into DeltaV
- Perform testing, construction, and installation of designed control solutions
Qualifications (Knowledge & Skills)
Basic Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following: Engineering Degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, Electronics, Industrial Technology, or equivalent.
Preferred Qualifications :
Plus Skills and Experience:
- Able to read and interpret P&IDs, electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical schematics.
- Understanding of hardware and software configuration of basic process control systems including knowledge of safety instrumented systems.
- DeltaV application and configuration
- Instrumentation, field devices, and equipment troubleshooting, commissioning, and calibration
- Proficiency at interfacing with third-party devices using serial, bus and wireless interfaces (e.g. Modbus, DH+, Foundation Fieldbus, AS-i, Profibus and DeviceNet)
- Manufacturing and Process control operations experience
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude,
- Understanding of hydraulics, pneumatics, temperature, pressure, flow, and mechanical dynamics
- Proficiency with Microsoft operating systems administration
- DCS system and/or PLC design and development
- Instrument specifications and application design
- Bus network design, troubleshooting, and installation
- Technical design and application of sensors, actuators, controllers, and drives
- Low voltage control system design and application
About Experitec PPS
Experitec PPS business provides automation technology and consulting services to enable our customers manufacturing plants to make the most of their operations while reducing costs and minimizing safety and environmental risks. We specialize in utilization of Emerson DeltaV systems. These systems are used to automate more than 10000 plants in 135 countries around the world. Our specific focus is to deliver quality results to our regions which includes Missouri, Kansas, Tennessee, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Illinois. Our customers rely on us to solve their toughest challenges.
We’re seeking high impact people whose focus and integrity can significantly improve the businesses of our customers. If you are looking for a company that recognizes and rewards your abilities, provides opportunities to advance your career, and fosters an environment to learn and develop Experitec is for you.
Experitec - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Experitec offers a complete range of products and services to meet any process control challenge. For more than 30 years, Experitec formerly...