Implementation Engineers install Wide Area Network (WAN) connections between FactSet and its clients, its vendors and also deploy the very fabric that enables its employees to function effectively on a day to day basis. Additionally they act as high profile technical consultants designing tailor-made WAN architectures to meet a client’s needs both today and in the future.
Candidates for this position should have solid experience with WAN/LAN technologies, TCP/IP, routing protocols, have a deep understanding of reference network architectures along with a significant level of ‘Hands On’ Cisco IOS experience. Additionally, candidates with a solid track record of interaction with ISPs, strong analytical & troubleshooting skills, optical networking, MPLS, and Multicast will receive a higher level of consideration.
As a significant portion of an Implementation Engineer’s duties involve high level communication with clients, consequentially highly polished communication ‘Soft Skills’ are a ‘must have’ ability.
A successful candidate for this position will have: strong interpersonal skills, a high level of verbal and written dexterity and will enjoy providing effective and meaningful solutions for clients, both internal and external.
Job Requirements :
- Deliver consistent & excellent goal orientated results. First time, on time and every time.
- Act as a strong consultative resource for FactSet’s clients, vendors and internal leaders.
- Configure Cisco Routers, Switches & MUXes to provide services that successfully integrate into our clients, vendors and FactSet’s own internal networks
- Build solid & long lived interpersonal relationships with FactSet’s clients and internal stake holders
- Use all available tools to ensure that optimal solutions are not only deployed, but are also capable of being maintained by FactSet’s Operational Support group on an ongoing basis.
- Act as a high value technical resource for all interfaces in a professional, clear and concise manner; thereby providing ‘best of breed’ service in terms that are easily understood by business orientated decision makers.
+ BS or MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IS or equivalent experience
+ Impeccable interpersonal and teamwork skills
+ Self-starter with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
+ Able to deliver results in a high energy environment
+ Strong customer focus, but capable of leading a controversial discussion
+ Detail oriented and results driven
+ Much of the work undertaken by an Implementation Engineer is out of normal business hours, so high availability coupled with the proven ability to work independently is mandatory
+ Strong track record of successful work experience
+ Solid and intuitive understanding of WAN and LAN technologies and how each device, protocol or systems interacts as part of the network as a whole
+ Work experience supporting, or deploying real-time financial data infrastructures
+ Business analytics skills, encompassing modeling and trending data
+ Graphic design skills are desirable
+ Working knowledge of communication and security regulations
+ Cisco Certified
FactSet Research Systems - 20 months ago
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers...