Develops electronic systems by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
Electronics System Design:
- Participate in conceptual and preliminary design including form factor, mechanical, electronics integration, cabling, etc.
- Create conceptual design of electrical interfaces, and mechanical and thermal elements of system.
- Generate electrical interface and cabling design.
- Bring-up, Test and Verify system design.
- Support mechanical and thermal design, including providing conceptual design (mechanical and thermal), interface to mechanical engineering and mechanical designers, definition of mechanical drawings, review of mechanical drawings, mechanical conformance verification, mechanical fit check
- Support system integration design: Cable harness design, implementation and dressing, I/O connector definition, etc.
- Document system design: Support generation of mechanical design documentation, user's manuals, assembly procedures, test procedures, configuration management documentation
Project Management Support:
- Participate in customer interface, up to and including managing customer interface.
- Coordinate resources assigned to task/project - including printed circuit board and mechanical designs.
- Support formal reviews (internal and customer). In particular, customer PDR and CDR reviews.
- Generate review documentation and presentations and attend meetings.
Electronics Hardware Design and Development:
Software Design and Development:
- Create board level hardware designs, including schematic generation, BOM generation, managing printed circuit board design, etc
- Bring-up, Test and Verify hardware design.
- Document hardware design: Support generation of user's manuals, test procedures, assembly procedures, etc. Generate test results documentation.
- Create software designs. Generally small software development projects involving embedded micro controllers.
- Setup development environment as required
- Develop Code (All aspects).
- Test and Verify software design.
- Document Software: Supports generation of user's manuals, test procedures, configuration management documentation
Technical Support for Transition to Production:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Provide direct support to production in training and advisory role.
- Provide support for customer issues, including direct technical support
- Support for production documentation, such as test procedures and assembly instructions.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and 10 years experience
Master of Science in Electrical Engineering and 7 years of experience in hardware design and implementation.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
MUST be a US Citizen
General Micro Systems, Inc. - Applied Technology Group (gms4sbc.com) a global leader in the design and manufacture of ultra-rugged, high...