Husch Blackwell LLP is a full service law firm with approximately 600 attorneys firmwide representing a wide variety of personal and professional backgrounds. We have an immediate opening for a Systems Engineer specializing in Microsoft Exchange support in our St. Louis or Kansas City office.
Scope of Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer provides services to the Firm through the design, documentation, implementation, and administration of the Firm’s evolving enterprise network and systems. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Configure and maintain Microsoft Server Operating Systems (Windows Server 2012 , 2008, 2003) for the Firm’s enterprise class environment.
- Supports messaging infrastructure within Microsoft Exchange 2010, PowerShell Scripting, BlackBerry Enterprise Server, Email Archive, SMTP, and Anti-SPAM.
- Support desktop and server application distribution and updates, via Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft WSUS server, VDI (Virtual Desktop Infrastructure), Scripting and Group Policy.
- Supports other infrastructure solutions such as Citrix XenApp, SQL Server, Microsoft Cluster Services, DNS\DHCP, Certificate Services and File & Print Services.
- Microsoft ADS (Active Directory Services) design, support, and implementation.
- Uses ITIL best practice to plan, document, and transition services into the production environment; continues to review and improve. This includes Incident and Change Management processes.
- Responsible for deploying, managing and maintaining information technology solutions, including Windows servers and virtualization.
- Responsible for defining, implementing and enforcing security frameworks for existing and new systems.
- Ensures successful implementation and maintenance of defined standards.
- Implements and maintains anti-virus and anti-malware solutions.
- Design, support, and maintain printing and scanning environments, while providing technical input into the creation of a Firm enterprise standard.
- Assist in inventory control and asset management.
- Assist Director Information Technology in disaster recovery planning, testing, and implementation.
- Respond, based on priority, to end user issues routed by the IT HelpDesk Analysts.
- Make recommendations to the Systems Manager and Director of Information Technology on patches, reconfigurations, and/or new products that will enhance the Firms’ technical systems.
- Provide assistance to others within the Information Technology department, as well as to Firm users. This assistance includes periodic on call duty and work outside of normal business hours. This also includes special project duties as assigned by Director Information Technology and/or other department management personnel.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to design and implement technology solutions to business problems.
- Ongoing self-education.
- Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in Information Technology or related field; or combination of education and commensurate work experience required
- 5 years relevant experience required, preferably in a professional services environment
- MCSE certification preferred
- Experience in managing technology and infrastructure projects
- Keyboarding skills and familiarity with computer software and network systems We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, 401K, and much more. Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to:
Husch Blackwell - 16 months ago
Husch Blackwell LLP is a full-service litigation and business law firm with 600 attorneys. Our Government Contracts Practice Group is one of...