Facility: Irvine, CA
Latisys prides itself on offering its employees an opportunity for a challenging career in a team-oriented environment. As a fast growing company, we are always on the lookout for ambitious people with a positive attitude and commitment to being the best they can be.
Latisys is seeking a motivated individual to assist in the deployment and support of solutions developed for Latisys’ managed services offerings.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position. Latisys offers an extensive benefits package to its employees, including 401(k), medical insurance, dental insurance, vision care plan, pre-tax flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care, employee assistance program, paid life insurance, paid AD&D, paid short term and long term disability, paid time off and paid company holidays.
If you are interested in joining our company, apply now:
- Work as a member of the systems engineering team
- Execute timely and acceptable customer provisioning of systems-based products
- Provide Level Two and Level Three support for system-based products
- Assist in designing and developing of all systems-based products, including Latisys’ managed hosting platform
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge and experience with Linux or other Unix based operating systems
- Familiar with Windows scripting technologies
- Understanding of IIS and associated troubleshooting techniques.
- Basic server hardware troubleshooting skills
- Solid understanding of firewalls and networking technologies
- Ability to work independently and solve network and systems issues with little or no assistance
- Ability to learn quickly and apply new knowledge and skills immediately
- Trustworthy with ability to lead; work honestly with little or no supervision
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 4+ years Microsoft Windows installation/configuration/troubleshooting experience
- 4+ years TCP/IP and Ethernet networking configuration and troubleshooting
- 4+ years Microsoft SQL Server installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- 4+ years Microsoft Clustering installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- 4+ years with Microsoft Active Directory or other LDAP implementation
- 4+ years Microsoft Exchange installation/configuration/troubleshooting
- 4+ years experience with one or more SAN and NAS technologies
- Experience with one or more hypervisor technologies such as VMware, Windows Hyper-V or XenServer
- Experience leading a small team of engineers in a fast paced environment
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering
- MCSE Certification
- Prior experience in web hosting environments
Most work is done in an area where normal office noise is present.