The Systems Engineer acts as the key Tier three interface between support and development, working with developers and enterprise customers on the highest level escalations. As a member of the R&D Escalations team, the selected candidate will be providing escalation support and MICROS product testing of point of sale (POS) systems. This position reports to the Director of Escalations and Quality Assurance and is located at the corporate offices Columbia, Maryland
- Serve as a point of escalation for MICROS Customer Support, both domestic and international.
- Handle and resolve all issues/cases related with a site.
- Provide on-site resolution and research of critical customer problems for which corporate support of the local serving agent is not capable of addressing.
- Assist in the creation and deployment of software patches.
- Assess, recommend and create utilities that enhance the supportability and stability of products.
- Communicate product support issues to distribution and support channels.
- Due to the nature of this position, employee may be subject to extensive background checks (including fingerprinting) by MICROS customers and/or vendors as a condition to conduct business on their premises.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
Bachelor degree and a minimum of 1 year of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
MICROS enjoys being an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v.
- Strong technical knowledge of product core technologies (i.e. operating system, network of database).
- Extensive experience installing and administering network servers.
- Some travel may be required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and/or stand and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
MICROS participates in E-Verify, a federal pilot program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
MICROS Systems Inc. - 5 months ago