World Media Enterprises, Inc. is looking for a talented, results oriented Systems Engineer to join our IT Team!
The Systems Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and support of computing systems: including both hardware and software infrastructure for a mission-critical 24x7 environment.
- Design, configure, implement, and support of computing systems hardware and software infrastructure.
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems.
- Perform Windows virtualization implementation, support, and upgrades.
- Work with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed.
- Act as a liaison at a Tier-II/III level between Application, Networking, and other groups.
- Must be able to travel to data center, vendor sites, and other company offices as well as miscellaneous travel as needed
- Participate in 24X7 on-call support rotation schedule
BS/BA degree in a Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS - REQUIRED
- Requires minimum of three (3) years related Windows systems administration experience including support of servers in a Windows 2003/2008 environment. Additional years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Experience working in a virtual environment including deployment of guest systems.
- Experience with at least one enterprise systems / applications monitoring solution.
- Experience working with SQL Server
- Solid understanding of IP network technologies and software tools for performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently, but also within a team.
- Proven effective teaming and inter-personal skills
- Proven effective written and oral communication skills – especially strong technical documentation skills
- Must be able to learn quickly in a highly technical fast paced environment.
- Must be willing to regularly work off-hours / weekends to support operational tasks as needed.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment and possess organization skills to balance and prioritize work
- Must have working knowledge of PowerShell and VBScript.
Media General, Inc. - 10 months ago