We're looking to hire passionate Systems Administrators to help build out our growing
platform and ensure that we can continue to scale beyond the 350,000 requests per second that we currently
handle. Obviously, at these scales, automation is key so your knowledge of Puppet, Python and shell will be made
use of on a daily basis as will your troubleshooting skills while you work with the team to tune our Java stack.
While the frontend systems are colocated to handle the sub 10ms latency requirements, our backend is almost
exclusively in AWS so a strong knowledge of API driven systems administration is preferred.
- Constantly improve the maintainability and scalability of the production environment.
- Work with engineering to design solutions that scale and ensure new services will be operationally maintainable.
- Ensure Proximic services are always available and operating optimally.
- Monitor all the nooks and crannies of applications so that issues are caught by the team rather than partners and
- Document everything, because you understand how much it improves your life and that of your team mates.
- Participate in code reviews where your thoughtful feedback will help the team continuously improve.
- Passion for building scalable and maintainable infrastructure in a team.
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux core technologies and an ability to describe fundamental kernel internals.
- Knowledge of fundamental networking technologies and their application.
- Programming experience in a common administrative language such as Python, Perl or Ruby.
- Strong troubleshooting abilities at both the systems and application levels.
- Experience building processes which help the team go faster without failing rather than being bureaucratic.
- Written and oral communications skills that allow you to effectively present ideas to the team and management.
- Advanced Python and/or Java programming.
- JVM internals and tuning.
- Experience in multitier
- API driven systems administration (AWS, Rack Space, Joyent, home grown).