Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in providing Information Technology, Engineering Services, Program Management and Consulting Services. For 20 years, PSS has enabled Government and Commercial clients to achieve their organizational initiatives through the application of high quality, innovative, and cost effective professional services and solutions. PSS provides a positive working environment, with opportunities for advancement in our growing local Federal sector workforce. We offer an excellent compensation package which includes a generous salary, insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.), paid leave, 401k plan (employer matching contribution), tuition reimbursement, computer purchase programs and more. PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer (M/F/D/V) who is committed to hiring a diverse talented team of professional to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customers' expectations.
PSS, Inc. is actively seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing team located in McLean, VA.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Build out middleware for a large application hosting environment (100+ applications).
· Work within an environment containing WebLogic and Apache Tomcat.
· Provide Tier 3 support.
· Identify system integrity issues and solutions for the full system life cycle from concept to disposal.
· Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
· Ensure designs are compatible with the architecture and allocate requirements to segments.
· Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review computer system capabilities, workflow and scheduling limitations.
· Analyze and recommend commercially available software.
· 2+ years of experience in Systems Engineering plus a Bachelor’s Degree
· 2+ years of experience in Linux, WebLogic and Tomcat
· Active Top Secret SCI Polygraph clearance
Top Secret SCI Polygraph (Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required