Engineer - SYSTEMS
- Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for electrical/ hardware/ software compatibility required by the customer for assigned subsystems.
- Must be proficient in JAVA
- Must be proficient with Web based developer
- Responsible for the definition, design and integration of total system
- May be responsible for subsystems of the overall design
- Incorporates technologies from multiple disciplines including mechanical engineering, electrical engineer, electro-magnetic, digital signal processing, and control theory
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
- Responsible for system level evaluation either with vehicle interface of internal product design and testing for compliance of components by specifications.
- Attends, sometimes, the customer's on site meetings when customer's operation group reviews performance and issues with the customer's network
- Defines system requirements; maintains compliance with the customer's specifications
- Ensures that all program steps comply with established customer program processes
- Ensures the proper flow of engineering and customer information within and between the customer and internal engineering teams
- Maintains appropriate documentation to meet the specifications of the customer and internally
- Prepares records, charts, graphs, and other statistical information in the testing documentation process
- Interprets and complies with Company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Will initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through designated channels.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Four-year college degree in a related engineering field required.
- Experience in embedded microprocessor electronics industry and/or Automotive electronics
- Must have actual design experience in at least (one) disciplines of either electrical, software, or mechanical.
- Specific experience in electronics-manufacturing environment preferred.
- Must possess good understanding of general functions of the system components
- Demonstrated proficiency with the computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment
- Must be a capable team player and able to adapt to various project requirements.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret technical data at the level needed to perform the function.
Knowledge in any of the following areas is a plus:
Voice Recognition/ Bluetooth
Programming-ability to read and write requirements(schematic)
Must have the ability to learn computer applications as necessary for the position
Ability to perform effective root cause analysis
Must be able to work with minimal supervision displaying strong self-motivation
Clear, concise and timely communication skills are essential, as well as the ability to remain organized and self directed in a fast-paced environment
Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
Must communicate appropriate information accurately and clearly as needed
Must have the ability to effectively and appropriately interface and communicate with a variety of individuals or groups on a frequent basis
TRAVEL: Ability to travel as required of the position.
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Farmington Hills