The System Engineer is responsible for administration and maintenance of the Qualys production applications. Manages and monitors product application for performance and health and proactively identifies any significant hardware and software component failures. Responds to product application support issues and implements product code releases. Analyzes problems with software applications to identify problem area(s) and recommend corrective action and may assist in development and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Provides expertise regarding high level service availability, technical architecture and standards/process to operations and engineering teams.
- Recommends appropriate course of action to developers, operations engineers and senior management, based on past, current and future service quality issues.
- Recommend proactive course of action to operations, engineering and design teams.
- Build 3rd party RPMs and templates for VMware
- Provide data and root cause analysis for each service impacting incident with all possible corrective actions for improvement.
- Work with multiple teams in analyzing each service outage, measure, maintain and present the service quality metrics to management.
- Manually monitor all major hardware and software components of Qualys products and take preventive actions to avoid service outage to customers.
- Responsible to maintain 24/7 service to customers and reduce MTTR in case of service interruption.
- Provide high level support to operations and technical support team in case of service outage and customer reported problems.
- If required work with customers to identify and resolve customer issues related to Qualys products and services.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, summarizes data and makes recommendations in preparation for high level service availability and quality.
- Participate in product design discussions and make appropriate recommendations.
- Deploy software patches and upgrades into production and perform post-patch verification.
- 8+ years of experience in design, implementation and operations support.
- BS or Engineering in Computer science or electronics or related IT focused.
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Extensive knowledge of Apache and Tomcat web servers.
- Advanced level knowledge of Database and SQL queries.
- Advanced level knowledge of network hardware and network protocols.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership in design and support of Unix servers
- Ability to work under pressure in 24/7 environment.
- Take full responsibility for prioritizing the tasks presented to the group.
- Must have exceptional verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Must be able to work on 24/7 oncall schedule.
- Must be able to work constructively in team environment.
- SaaS experience strongly desired.
- Oracle, Redhat Linux certification, CCNA/CCNP certifications are plus.
- Knowledge of VMware and other virtualization products is a plus.
- Knowledge of JAVA and JAVA technologies is a plus.
Qualys - 9 months ago
SR R&D ENGINEER
Santa Clara, CA
- 2 days ago
Mountain View, CA
- 21 hours ago
South San Francisco, CA
- 2 days ago
Qualys, Inc. is the leading provider of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) IT security risk and compliance management solutions. Qualys solutions...