Apply to this position .
Department: System Operations
Reports to: Vice President, Technical Operations
What is RedBrick Health?
RedBrick Health is a health technology and services company founded in 2006 and based in Minneapolis. We have over 130 employees.
With half of health care costs driven by behavior, the best way for companies to control costs is to get people invested in their health. Our platform blends personalized financial incentives, a fresh consumer experience and powerful social tools to make getting healthy easier and more rewarding. We combine relentless innovation with deep consumer insight to create sustained engagement.
BrickHeads (that's what we call ourselves) passionately pursue Our Purpose to Help People Be Healthy. We believe the ultimate reward of better health is the ability to live your fullest life. Your health and well-being affect your family, your happiness, your productivity, your confidence, your finances — everything.
RedBrick Health is looking for a Systems Engineer to add to our Technical Operations team. This team has multiple responsibilities centered around engineering, building and operating the environments to support multiple Software as a Service (SaaS) platforms, and internal business activities.
This team is involved with nearly every aspect of our business operations. As our business continues to grow we must enhance our capabilities. You will be helping drive improvements to RedBrick Health technical capabilities.
This position requires you to be driven and results focused. This is an opportunity to help build and expand the systems that will drive the growth of a company aiming to shape the future of health care. There is a lot of good work to do and we are looking for a person who loves to make constant forward progress.
We are looking for a Systems Engineer who is passionate about advancing technology and would like to bring their experience and expertise to our technical operations department, working with us to develop and improve our multiple hosting environments and management practices.
You will be a systems engineer working to improve the infrastructure and hosting activities of a growing organization working to improve peoples health.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with small team of Systems Engineers and Operations professionals to engineer, build and manage a SaaS infrastructure supporting multiple platforms and business operations
- Work with software development organizations to implement and support software based solutions
- Assess and develop solutions for performance issues
- Assess and project resource consumption and develop solutions to improve utilization
Essential Job Requirements
- Be a kick-butt contributor to our technical operations organizationn
- 5+ years experience as a Systems Engineer and/or Systems Administrator
- Degree in a Technical Competency or equivalent experience
- Experience working in SaaS organizations
- Experience working with configuration management tools such as Chef or Puppet
- Experience working with Software Development Management tools such as Team City, Cruicible, Bamboo
- Experience with NAS technologies
- Experience with Networking Engineering and Operations
- Experience with Enterprise Security practices and implementation
- Experience with high availability and performance systems architectures
- Experience with VoIP solutions
- Experience with Systems Monitoring, Reporting and Alerting solutions
- Experience with Virtualization and Distributed Infrastructure (cloud) technologies
- Demonstrable experience migrating high availability applications between infrastructures
- Job requires working on a personal computer for extended periods of time
- Job requires frequent communication with remote customers and peers via email, Collaboration Tools, IM and phone
- Job may require some travel
Employee Status: Regular, Exempt, Full-time
- Verifiably successful experience with modern technologies, ability to learn and generally a good person
Why RedBrick Health?
RedBrick Health is the only Minnesota-based company recently honored by SHRM (Society for Human Resource Management) and the Great Places to Work Institute as one of the best 25 Small Companies to Work For in America, 2009 .
We believe a career at RedBrick Health should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, plus cutting-edge technology and services — more reasons to love it here.
RedBrick Health Corporation - 18 months ago