ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Making the Connections That Matter®
When a soldier under fire radios command. When a victim uses her cell phone to call 9-1-1 for help. When a driver is lost and uses GPS to find the way. When a parent uses his cell phone to check his child's location. When a friend texts to say she cares.
These are Connections That Matter®.
TCS’ innovative technologies make these connections happen. And in doing so, we have a positive influence on individual human lives on a global scale.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
Currently seeking a contractor to be responsible for design and delivery of host components running in multiple virtualized Operating Systems to support the production requirements of the company. This person is expected to be a web portal subject matter expert with a firm grasp of network solutions, functions and protocols. Create/Evaluate specifications and requirements for projects against available solutions. Recommend and make necessary improvements to configurations to achieve operating efficiencies. Guru in systems administration/ networking support. Analyze system performance ensuring network and systems integrity. Will support software installation, trouble-shooting, network integration, application software testing and system testing. Will also be expected to identify potential customer needs that could be turned into sales opportunities. This position will occupy SME status on the relevant company technology and be expected to provide recommendations, analysis and justifications for design and operation of the systems.
- Work with clients and team members to determine and develop systems requirements and processes, to articulate the products value, and to define future product requirements.
- Research, specify, evaluate, test and recommend hardware and supporting software components within the Virtualization/OS specialty area.
- Responsible for capacity planning, performance management, security management and fault management of the production systems.
- Sr levels may act as a lead to other System Administrators and Tier II support providers in daily operation of the production environment.
- Provide Tier III support for system hardware and Operating System related issues.
- Work with vendors for product evaluation and selection.
- Will support software installation, trouble-shooting, network integration, application software testing and system testing.
- Will also be expected to identify potential customer needs that could be turned into sales opportunities.
- Stays abreast of technological trends in the Operating System of specialty and enabling technologies.
- Assigned to customer projects as the operational SME of company technology
- Other duties as assigned.
- Quality orientation with a strong eye for detail.
- Structured approach towards development of processes and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong analytical skills.
- Advanced degree in technical or business field
- Previous experience working in a development environment.
- Expertise on Web portal systems, portals integration & single-sign-on (Liferay)
- Experience and understanding of the telecommunications and/or wireless industry.
- Willing to work overtime and on-call as necessary to meet organizational needs.
- Heterogeneous system environment – 5 yrs experience.
- Windows/Linux/UNIX/UNIX Networking – 5 yrs experience.
- 1+ years mobility industry
- 6 month contract
TeleCommunication Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Telecommunication Systems - 7 months ago