Do you have a passion for working with a team that develops, designs, builds and operates customized solar power solutions? Do you enjoy being in a fast-paced design-build environment where your ideas can make a real impact on how a solar structure is built? Are you ambitious and results oriented? Are you looking for endless professional opportunities and tremendous career progression? If so, SunDurance Energy is looking for you.
SunDurance is an affiliate of The Conti Group. Founded over 100 years ago on traditional principles and values, Conti is an infrastructure development firm delivering complex engineering and construction projects across the nation and internationally, servicing construction markets such as transportation, water, environmental, power, industrial, renewable energy, facilities, and homeland security. We are well known for our client responsiveness, top caliber people and innovativeness. To learn more about SunDurance Energy, please go to www.sunduranceenergy.com or www.conticorp.com .
General Position Description
The Systems Engineer will be working with our Engineering, Operation, Estimating, and Business Development teams to design the solar PV systems with full adherence to the Authority Having Jurisdiction. Responsibilities include solar energy system design and layout, interconnection design and equipment selection, performing energy production analysis, evaluating future technologies, and developing internal intellectual property products and offerings.
The position will require superior cross-functional skills including coordination with the Sales team, assisting in developing client proposals, effectively putting together project estimates and providing technical support to the Operations team on an as needed basis. Travel is required including site visits to evaluate new opportunities.
A successful candidate will have the following key attributes:
- Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- One or more years’ experience with solar PV engineering.
- Engineering, design & permitting experience for commercial/utility applications.
- Experience in panels, inverters and monitoring system selection for large-scale PV systems.
- Experience in mounting system selection for ground and rooftop applications.
- Experience with energy modeling of solar PV systems with PVSYST.
- Strong understanding of National Electrical Code
- Excellent teamwork, communication, leadership and people skills.
- Self-directed, organized and self-motivated to accomplish goals.
- Proactive and pragmatic thinker who is deliberate and decisive in making decisions.
- Solid time management system and demonstrates excellent organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and work in a deadline-driven challenging environment.
- Ability and desire to learn and progress within your position.
- Required: Proficiency in AutoCad and MS Office products.
The Conti Group has great benefits. We provide medical, dental and vision on the first day of your employment. Life insurance, 401(k) matching plan, EAP, wellness programs and tuition reimbursement, and many other optional programs are offered as well.
The Conti Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Conti Group - 22 months ago