Information Systems/Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Systems Engineer - Tickets.com (Costa Mesa, CA)
Click here to apply: https://www11.ultirecruit.com/TIC1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=98
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Tickets.com, Inc. We’ve just completed a new visual design of our consumer facing website, www.tickets.com and are now assembling a best-in-class team to support its development and release to the public and to ensure its ongoing success as one of the largest ticketing destinations in the world. At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are looking for a highly effective Systems Engineer to join our team to be responsible for the reliability, performance, recoverability, and security of company server hardware, operating systems, and certain infrastructure applications. This includes design, documentation, implementation, configuration, coordination, control maintenance, troubleshooting, usage monitoring and upgrades within the company’s technology environment.
We need someone with experience in Linux, Apache, Tomcat , JBoss and VMWare.
If you think you’re a good fit for the position and the team, we’d love to hear from you!
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Industry Certifications preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Linux required
- A Minimum of 2 years of experience supporting web/app environment
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat/JBoss preferred
- Experience with RHEL Cluster preferred
- Experience with VMWare Virtualization Platform preferred
- Experience with Hitachi, 3PAR/HP, EMC Storage preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of prior systems engineer experience required
- Implement and maintain high quality operational standards, processes and procedures
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong documentation and teamwork skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments
- Must be well organized and detail oriented
- Flexible hours required; must be willing to be available 24 hours per day/7 days a week when necessary
- Remote evening and weekend work as required including having high speed home internet access
MLB - 9 months ago
This company is ready to play ball online. MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the Internet and interactive media arm of Major League Baseball...