Systems Engineer (Job Number: 009583) |
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That’s our core purpose and the difference we make in people’s lives every day. Our purpose has shaped the direction of our company since Charles R. Walgreen Sr. founded his first drugstore in 1901, and it still does today.
Our team members make that purpose come to life in our over 7,800 stores in all 50 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico, in our call centers, distribution centers, on-site clinics, specialty pharmacies and corporate offices. In fact, those daily demonstrations of our purpose have helped Walgreens become an industry leader and a household name.
Walgreens has something for everyone who wants to build a successful career. Here, you’ll find supportive co-workers, an innovative environment and the tools you need to grow your skills, help build healthy communities and advance your career
Under direct supervisor, works from specifications to develop or modify moderately complex systems, which may include engineering, implementation and integration, and technical services and support. Designs, implements or installs, maintains and administers infrastructures including hardware, software and various configurations. Generally focuses on moderately complex projects. Knowledgeable of one or more technologies, products or applications.
- Participates in the design, implementation, configuration, and support of solutions within the supported technologies, products, and services.
- Monitors and proactively manages supported products and services to assure their performance, availability, security, and capacity.
- Participates in the diagnosis, isolation, and resolution of problems with supported technologies, products, and services. Identifies and documents root cause.
- Serves as a point of contact representing supported technologies, products and services to other IT groups.
- Assist in the evaluation of technologies, products, and solutions to fulfill requirements within the enterprise.
- Logs a problem with the vendor and technical support and engineering.
Basic Qualifications & Interests
Preferred Qualifications & Interests
- Bachelor's Degree & at least 1 year IT experience in programming or design or High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of IT experience in application development, or systems or network administration.
- Experience communicating technical information both verbally (on phone, one-on-one, to groups) and in writing (emails, letters, reports, presentations) to technical audiences (work group, team).
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...