Xenia Systems, LLC, a rapidly growing government services provider headquartered in Northern VA has a full-time opening in Alexandria, VA for a Systems Engineer.
The successful candidate will serve as a Systems Engineer to support our clients Tolling and Traffic Management Systems Project Manager and team on the Express Lanes projects, with support towards the management and oversight of the design development, systems engineering, and implementation testing commissioning, with an emphasis on back office requirements. This position will require close business relations are established with technology suppliers to ensure that the best integration skills and technology are injected into projects. Regular project and status reports are required as well as input into project assessments. This will be in conjunction with various project managers, bid and business managers. The incumbent will be required to contribute to the development of technical approaches, standards, and policies and seek appropriate assistance when required.
At a minimum, primary efforts shall include the following:
- Apply systems engineering and project management knowledge to develop details and integrated solutions for tolling systems, including:
- Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) (roadside and back office)
- Traffic Management Systems
- Intelligent Transport Solutions (ITS)
- Manage sub consultants and vendors to prepare and deliver required outcomes.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of systems architecture for assigned projects.
- Develop and draft operational concepts, scenarios, specifications for the provision of key systems related to tolling and IT operations.
- Assist in the establishment of terms and conditions associated with primary suppliers.
- Assist in the analysis of business models from an ETC systems perspective.
- Assist in the operational analysis of existing back office systems and service channels.
- Develop system requirements.
- Develop, manage and maintain test strategies and test plans for assigned projects.
- Support the determination of the application of ETC technologies to assigned project business objectives.
- Select appropriate ETC technologies for implementation on U.S. projects.
- Support for concept development in relation to new ITS, tolling, enforcement and traffic management systems.
- Manage and maintain systems architecture for consistent application across projects.
- Support the planning and development of projects to specify, procure, integrate, test or apply ITS and ETC technologies.
- Develop operations concepts for the application of ITS and ETC technology to projects.
- Develop project plans for specification, procurement and integration of ITS and ETS.
- Assist in the development of business cases to support financial close in the technical areas of ETC and ITS.
- Provide input into the lifecycle maintenance and operational requirements to support the application of ITS and ETC technology to projects.
- Management and support the delivery of project deliverables to achieve either financial or close or project delivery of ITS, ETC solutions on assigned projects.
- Provision hands-on project management services for elements of assigned projects or across a number of projects coordinating with staff across business areas.
- Work with sub consultant technical support staff and vendors to meet contract obligations.
- Ensure the delivery of ITS and ETC assigned projects on time and on budget.
- Support transition of projects across the implementation and operational phases.
- Develop project plans or sub plans, with detailed objectives, scope, milestones, resources and dependencies.
- Contribute to project reporting requirements and prepare timely status reports across progress, forecast to complete, issues and risks.
- Attendance at community meetings, Design Build and VDOT meetings, and other stakeholder meetings.
- Review vendor deliverables, collate responses from stakeholders and prepare completion packages.
- Interpret standards and technical requirements and provide opinion to PM as necessary.
- Manage and coordinate with vendors on the TMS DPS/BOS DPS interface.
- Coordinate with vendors to ensure the Tolling/BOS/DPS systems requirements and design are developed in accordance with Contract and Business requirements.
- Attend all Tolling/BOS related meetings and workshops. Provide management and oversight of the Tolling/BOS software development, integration, and testing at the Operations Center.
- Supervise IVR development and interface into overall telecommunications requirements.
- Support the oversight and inspection of the field installation of tolling system components.
- Coordinate review of CDRLs associated with Tolling and Traffic Management System implementation.
Supplier and Partner Relationship Management
- Support the preparation of bids and tenders for USA projects, with inputs related to the ITS and ETC elements by providing well documented and developed cost solutions that accurately match project requirements.
- Support the development of valued supplier and partner relationships with companies key to the success of our client within the U.S. market, particularly in the field of ITS and ETC.
- Maintain strong supplier and partner relationships that support cooperative project development.
- Manage interfaces with other departments and stakeholders to implement project initiatives (including IT and Business Operations), as necessary.
Process & Systems Documentation
- Maintain a strong knowledge of tolling management activities and therefore be able to develop, support and improve processes related to the following activities:
- Image Processing
- Trip Reconstruction
- Ensure that the development of new processes and technologies are documented and retained as Intellectual Property, if applicable.
- Provide expert technical advice to management on the suitability and appropriateness of proposed projects and solutions.
- Assist in the development of O&M requirements and plans for the ITS and ETC delivered equipment.
- Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed to enable ongoing operation of the assigned projects post implementation.
Xenia Systems - 11 months ago