Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. provides the business advantage to some of the world’s largest retailers, auto manufactures, consumer electronics companies and more. Our services ensure that our customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user. Offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, transportation, reverse logistics, surface transportation and supply chain solutions, we perform a key role in keeping world trade moving. Globally Yusen Logistics employs over 17,000 staff across 412 offices.
As part of the NYK Group established in 1885, one of the world’s most recognized and trusted names in shipping and logistics, Yusen Logistics is consistently recognized as one of the most ethical and sustainable companies.
Summary: The Systems Engineer performs administration and support functions in a large multi-server environment. This includes Windows, Unix and virtualized platforms. Designs, installs, configures, maintains, performs and tests server based technologies for both server installations of software and implementation of server hardware. Administers backup and restoration processes for all Yusen locations. Supports industry standard infrastructure functions like active directory, email, telephony and faxing. Creates and/or maintains security settings for servers including anti-virus, anti-spyware and anti-malware. Tests configurations and monitors the performance of equipment; troubleshoots and resolves problems. Documents installation for applications and for computer configurations and their functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve high level technical issues involving multiple systems and networks
- Demonstrate understanding of SMTP, TCP/IP, Active Directory, DNS, HTTP, FTP, and other technologies as required.
- Installs server hardware and software.
- Tunes, monitors and patches servers – either physical or virtual, cloud or non-cloud based.
- Participates in site preparation for more complex server installations.
- For moderately complex systems performs application integration to ensure that all software, hardware and communication networks operate properly together.
- Conducts software rollouts that target a large group of the user community.
- Provides complex technical support to end-users. Provides higher level support for the Help Desk and Desktop groups.
- Provides moderately complex technical support to server clients. Resolves problems and manages incidents at the server level. Escalates any unresolved problems to manager.
- Supports operations with system maintenance, data backup and recovery, security administration, system repairs, and configuration changes.
- Adds and changes user security and performs appropriate backup processes.
- Monitors access to the networks by addressing issues of data security, account generation and file access at the service area level.
- Monitors and tests hardware and configurations to ensure optimal performance per established objectives.
- Maintains configurations of existing systems to ensure proper operation. If required, identifies and communicates local site needs for server hardware and software.
- If required, configures laptop and desktop systems.
- Helps to establish and maintain standards for server computer hardware and software.
Associate’s degree in computer science, information systems or other related field is required. Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems or other related field is preferred.
3-5 years’ experience in a large multi server, multi site, 24x7 environment using these skills: installation of server hardware, server software upgrades/ patches, functional systems design, networking protocols, technical project management, data analysis, Microsoft Windows server administration, Unix server administration, clustered systems administration, VMWare/ Hypervisor virtual server administration.
Employment with Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. comes with competitive pay and an excellent benefits package including paid vacations, holidays and sick time. Insurance benefits include medical, prescription, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents. The company also provides short term and long term disability, group life insurance, and AD&D. Additionally there is a generous 401K savings plan and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) benefit. We offer company-paid skills training, as well as a Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance program and career and advancement opportunities.
- One or more of the certifications listed below is highly desired:
- OEM Certifications (Dell or IBM or HP)
- Microsoft Certified Software Engineer
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- VMWare Certified Professional
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc - 17 months ago