Job Title: System Engineer
Employment Status: Full-Time
Department: Software Engineering
Reports to : Systems Engineering Manager
Function: The primary responsibility of the person holding this position is to engineer reliable and robust systems to support Zonar's applications and data.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ensure system reliability maintained at 99.9% or higher
- On-call duties for emergency operations of servers / networking equipment as it relates to Zonar’s application and database servers
- Assist in developing standards and procedures for System Engineers and Administrations
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools such as puppet, cfengine, or chef
- Proficiency in scripting with Python, Perl, or sh
- Strong knowledge of common Linux distributions (CentOS, Debian, etc.)
- Understanding of Storage Area Network (SAN) and Big Data solutions
- Familiarity with common open source infrastructure tools
- Experience with common networking equipment (Cisco, Juniper, F5, etc.)
- Strong understanding of networking protocols
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set goals, and achieve scheduled deadlines
- BS Computer Science degree, related degree or equivalent industry experience
HOW TO APPLY: Please proceed to the following link to apply for this position by taking a skills based 'interview' https://trueability.com/jobs/8f9f8ey
- 2+ years Linux System Administration
- 3+ years Linux System Engineer
- 3+ years running production IT/web operations
Working Conditions: Standard work week is 40 hours, Mon-Fri 8AM – 5PM. Work generally conducted in a climate controlled office environment. On site work at data center required as necessary. Evening and weekend work is occasionally required for server maintenance and upgrades. On-call duties shared with other system administrators.
Disclaimer The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Zonar maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.
Zonar Systems - 5 months ago
Zonar provides electronic fleet inspection, tracking and operations solutions for public and private fleets. Be a part of the fastest...