The OMES Systems Engineering Group’s focus is on providing the knowledge and capabilities required to design, develop, and implement world-class hardware and software for both ground and spaceflight systems that are developed at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center (GSFC). This includes management/implementation of command/control systems, data acquisition systems, mission scheduling, data acquisition and ground communications, systems to monitor spacecraft health, observatory instruments, and supporting technologies (NIST security standards, risk management, reliability analysis, use of requirements management tools such as DOORS, communications protocols, etc.).
Detailed descriptions of these roles are provided below:
The OMES Systems Engineering Group Lead (GL) will mentor members of the group as a discipline expert in the areas of systems engineering development, system verification methods and strategies, and NASA design practices such as defined in the NASA Systems Engineering Handbook, GOLD Rules, and CMMI. This mentorship periodically requires direct involvement in the resolution of systems engineering problems on the project. Technical oversight includes all phases of systems engineering from requirements development, flow down and allocation of requirements, oversight of the development process including integration & test, development of verification criteria and descriptions, and requirements verification&validation testing.
The OMES Systems Engineering GL will be responsible for the following supervisory responsibilities:
• Ensure that systems engineers within the assigned group receive the necessary tools and training and technical support to perform their job on OMES contract assignments.
• Provide performance feedback to systems engineers throughout the year and provide annual reviews founded in objective performance measures for each individual.
• Develop and maintain an organization that may include lower level supervisors to provide technical leadership and oversight roles.
Successful candidates will have a background that includes demonstrated ability to analyze and respond to government RFPs, RFQs, and other procurement documents from a technical and business capture perspective. This includes strong customer relation skills that support the fostering of additional task assignments within the OMES program.
• Technical: At least 10 years of relevant experience in various phases of systems engineering following NASA systems engineering processes. Experience with systems engineering NASA policies & procedures. Experience in the end-to-end development of a major space mission element (spacecraft, instrument, or ground system) a strong plus.
• Task Leadership: At least 3 years of demonstrated successful experience in government task order engineering services contract management and administration. Experience managing large multi-disciplinary teams and engineers (from junior to senior levels), is desired.
• Business Experience: At least 3 years of demonstrated success at planning, leading, and delivering on multiple engineering tasks and/or products. This includes working with NASA customers and subcontractors, evaluating success and anomalous task performance, and re-planning those efforts as necessary. Experience in NASA proposal development, as an individual contributor and/or volume lead, is desired.
• Supervisory Experience: Experience managing a group of at least 10 engineers. Experience managing direct reports of more than 30, and “managing managers”, a strong plus.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors of Science degree in engineering, physical sciences, computer science or similar. M.S. and/or MBA preferred.
Stinger Ghaffarian Technologies (SGT), a space systems engineering, science and IT services company, was founded in 1994. Headquartered in...