NEON is looking for an individual for an entry level role for the Systems Engineering team. The candidate will be trained to support the configuration management and quality processes. Configuration management is a technical and management process for establishing and maintaining consistency of a product’s functional and physical attributes with its requirements, design and operational information throughout its life. The primary responsibility regarding configuration management will be support of the configuration management system. Support of the configuration management system will involve review and edit of documents and items entered into the system by NEON staff and serve as a backup person for our Document Control Specialist. The primary responsibility regarding quality processes will be assisting in quality audits and review of documents creation of diagrams, and flow charts. This position requires an individual who is flexible enough to meet the changing demands of the organization, who is responsive when called upon for assistance, and who can be relied upon to fulfill requests. This is a hands-on position requiring multi-tasking, creative out-of-the-box thinking, and commitment to assist in a wide range of systems engineering activities that include writing a monthly newsletter.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards (e.g., order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology).
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• Edit, standardize, and/ or make changes to material prepared by others.
• Analyze data or information, identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
• Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
• Interview personnel and read journals and other material to become familiar with product technologies and production methods.
• Participate in quality audit and reviews of manufacturing, science and calibration procedures (e.g., systems, software, sensors).
• Perform configuration management tasks to create detailed records, and update NEON’s systems and related information.
• Assist the Document Control Analyst with processing of workflows and making sure they are processed according to specified timeframes.
• Develop and maintain online help documentation.
• Follow NEON policies and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher. Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
• Ability to multitask.
• Very effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
• Self-directed and motivated, with the ability to work independently with little direction or supervision and in a collaborative environment.
• Willing and able to perform novel tasks that may be out of the individual's comfort zone and base knowledge.
• Attention to detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Very effective organization skills.
• The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule of set of rules. (e.g., pattern of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Proficient in the following areas:
• Writing and editing documents.
• Creating diagrams, flow charts.
• Extensive internet search skills.
• MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing and Communication.
• Proficient with SharePoint.
• Proficient or ability to learn all MS Office products.
• Proficient with Snagit desired.
• Familiarity with documentation control and configuration management.
• Familiarity with Agile Configuration Management System.
• Familiarity with component engineering.
• Familiarity with the systems engineering discipline.
• Familiarity with quality and product assurance (ISO9001, Six Sigma).
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
NEON, Inc. - 14 months ago