To perform timely, efficient and cost effective in-house systems performance (calibration, performance testing, troubleshooting, rework, system hook-up and tear down, repairs, checkout and customer acceptance testing) and on-site systems installation in a manner which directly contributes to customer satisfaction and maintenance of MTS quality standards.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Performs operational tests at the direction of the project engineer to ensure that MTS quality standards are maintained. Promptly notifies appropriate personnel of system performance deficiencies or operational problems encountered during performance testing. Works with appropriate sub-job engineer to resolve problems and to achieve system acceptance.
2. Travels to customer site, domestic or foreign, to perform on-site installation, calibration, modification or upgrades on systems. Installation may include uncrating, moving equipment to proper location, system hook-up, testing of functionality, acceptance testing and customer operational training. May handle engineering and/or service issues. Seeks out and utilizes the most efficient and effective travel arrangements within MTS policy when traveling on company business.
3. Ensures proper system configuration, function, performance, calibration and system integrity while following established procedures on standard systems and products or custom checkout plans on custom systems at the direction of the project engineer.
4. Conducts self in a professional and confident manner. Establishes and maintains proper working relationship with engineering staff and customers, both in-house and during installations.
5. May be requested to conduct training and service programs in the operation and maintenance of company systems and products for customers or other MTS personnel. Training may be in-house or at the customer site. Gives technical advice, within scope of expertise, to customers or employees regarding operation, servicing and maintenance as well as product application to assure maximum customer satisfaction with the systems capabilities and performance.
6. Plans and schedules all daily activities to make the most productive and efficient use of time. May be required to expedite parts prior to checking, final acceptance or installation to achieve required systems performance in an expeditious manner. Continually strives to reduce cost and improve quality in every aspect of the job. Takes personal initiative in seeking out solutions to problems. Requests support from supervisor when required.
7. Follows a self development/improvement program to broaden his/her knowledge of the company's products, systems and enhance skills in field servicing. Participates in establishment of training plans which may include on the job training, mentoring and formal training.
8. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned and always strives to follow all MTS policies.
AA degree or 2 year vo-tech certificate, or 4 years technician experience; & 3 years applicable technician experience. Programming & digital experience desirable. Ability to comprehend & apply oral & written instructions concerning engineering designs & procedures.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 24 months ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...