PSI Pax is currently recruiting for Systems Engineers to support our government customer in Annapolis Junction/Ft. Meade, MD.
Some positions require the ability to work different shifts.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
Provide hands-on system administration support as part of a team performing moderately complex system maintenance and operations support of MS Windows servers. Monitor the health and stability of a large file system infrastructure; perform daily maintenance to ensure stability with minimal degradation of service. Perform file system disaster recovery and data management. Manage and troubleshoot issues as required. Additional support required for services such as WEB, Netbackup Restores, DNS/DHCP, Exchange, virus protection, application installation, and printing services. Provide problem ticket resolution, utilizing a Remedy-based ticketing system, including file and database restores as required. Provide general troubleshooting on the Windows systems, maintain data files, and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity and an optimum level of performance. Ensure all server documentation is current. Oversees appropriate level software installations and upgrades and related software packages. Collects and reviews system data for capacity and planning purposes. Analyzes capacity data and develops capacity plans for appropriate level enterprise-wide systems. Coordinates with appropriate management personnel in implementing changes. Coordinate hardware maintenance and repairs with vendors. Participate in SIT testing as required. Interface with the architecture organization during the discrepancy reporting process. Assist in the overall modernization of the enterprise. May be asked to participate in analyzing new hardware/software needs and to participate in Client requirements reviews and meetings pertaining to customer issues.
- 2+ years of experience in a related technical field
- Familiar with Microsoft Office applications to include Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Familiar with Microsoft Exchange and troubleshooting
- Experience with technical background in diverse operating systems (Windows XP is a must), hardware platforms and software packages
- Computer hardware architecture knowledge
- Familiar with software installation and troubleshooting experience
- Use/knowledge Microsoft Office Applications
- Use/knowledge of Active Directory
- Use/knowledge Network and Internet Applications and Protocols
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to Multi-task
- Must be able to adapt to a dynamic work environment
- Bachelor of Science in a related technical field; High School diploma and 6 years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree (A Master’s Degree will count for two years of experience; A Certification in a related field will count for one year of experience)
- Experience with a ticketing management system such as Remedy considered a plus
- UNIX experience considered a plus
In addition, U.S Citizenship is required . Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a DoD government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation to include but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
PSI Pax is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
PSI Pax is an E-Verify Participant