Interactive Data Corporation is a trusted leader in financial information. Thousands of financial institutions and active traders, as well as hundreds of software and service providers, subscribe to our fixed income evaluations, real-time market data, fixed income analytics, desktop solutions and web-based solutions. Interactive Data delivers a comprehensive set of products and services designed to meet the needs of the front, middle and back offices at some of the largest and most well-known institutions around the world. These clients trust Interactive Data to provide a wide range of global reference data and listed markets pricing, ultra-low latency data and trading infrastructure services to facilitate electronic trading and sophisticated analytical tools for investment managers including our eSignal Suite of Products . Interactive Datas offerings can help clients around the world with mission-critical functions, including portfolio valuation, regulatory compliance, risk management, electronic trading and wealth management. Headquartered in Bedford, Massachusetts Interactive Data has more than 2,500 employees in offices worldwide.
Interactive Data 7ticks is seeking a systems administrator with extensive scripting experience to join our Infrastructure Tools team. This position is full-time, based at our office in Chicago, IL. This role will have a strong emphasis on developing and improving tools and automation.
Seeking a highly motivated and energetic candidate to add to a new team. Thisteam is charged with building/deploying technology enabling and supporting tools for the enterprise. The work is fast paced and structured and has a high degree of latitude to make things happen. Since this is a new team the landscape is wide open with many projects to stay busy with. The team is part of the Architecture Group and are considered thought leaders and visionaries within the organization.
About the Role
Reporting to the Manager of Global Tools Architecture this individual will play an integral role in standing up new tools and technologies, integrating existing ones, and contributing to the company IP and competitive advantage. This individual will be a leader within the Architecture group and focus on multi domain/technology solutions. Be actively involved with the internal and external stakeholders toensure that technologies being proposed/deployed meet the short and long term goals. With an emphasis on systems integration across applications, operating systems, databases and network technologies. You don’t need to be an expert in every technology, but be dangerous enough in a few, be willing to learn on the fly and know how to design services from requirement to end solution.
- Design, implement and/or extend software for effective management, automation, data collection, performance analysis, monitoring, and alerting on production systems.
- Interface with architecture, engineering and operations teams to identify requirements and develop appropriate solutions.
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability and stability of various system resources.
- General Sysadmin responsibilities.
- Document services and solutions for teams to assume operational support of deployed solutions
- Support technologies but not limited to: Nimsoft, Zenos, Corvil, PacketDesign, LDAP, SQL, Shark
Knowledge and Skills
Bachelors degree preferred
- Understanding of ITIL, SDLC and other IT Best Practice frameworks
- Understanding of DataBase Design, SQL Queries, relationships and Federated DB models
- Understanding of Data Normalization and efficiency
- Experience with scripting languages (python, pearl, shell, java script, etc)
- Experience with multiple DB platforms (MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle, etc)
- Understanding of file/folder hierarchy based tools (hadoop, etc)
- Understanding of how to create reporting dashboards, consolidated KPI/Metrics views
- Understanding of Network protocols and networking technologies
- Experience with mutliple OS platforms (Windows, Linux, Unix, etc)
- Understanding of system virtualization methods and tools
- Experience with CMS/CMDB tools
- Experience with system configuration and management tools (Zenos, puppet, chef, cfengine, kickstarter, opsware, nagios, Nimsoft, etc)
- Experience with event correlation and log management tools (netcool, rivermuse, etc)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Equal Opportunity Employer.
Trust is Confidence, Transparency is Clarity, Risk is Everywhere, Speed is Advantage, and Wealth is Opportunity.
Keyword: Systems Administrator, Linux, scripting, Python, Perl, shell, Ruby, nagios, zenoss
From: Interactive Data
Interactive Data - 23 months ago