Xenia Systems, LLC, a rapidly growing services provider headquartered in Northern VA has a full-time opening in Alexandria, VA for a Systems Integration Engineer.
SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER
The successful candidate will serve as a Systems Integration Engineer responsible for reviewing, identifying, defining and managing the systems requirements, and design details for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) systems development, based on business processes and industry standards for the Express Lanes Projects in Northern VA, and other projects as assigned. The incumbent will be responsible for implementing or managing software processes and applications based on defined concept of operations, functional and technical specifications, managing the details definition of interfaces, and managing interface control, and integration of software, hardware and transportation infrastructure efforts.
At a minimum, primary efforts shall include the following:
- Take a lead role in managing the integration of systems related to the Express Lanes projects and the management of the performance, testing commissioning plan and program.
- Develop and draft operational concepts, scenarios, specifications for the provision of key systems related to tolling and IT operations.
- Assist in the establishment and management of terms and conditions associated with primary suppliers.
- Perform verification on supplier proposals.
- Assist in the establishment of terms and conditions associated with primary suppliers.
- Create and manage execution of test plans, test methods, test techniques for start-up and commissioning of assigned projects.
- Oversee the planning and execution of the test process for Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) and intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS).
- Develop system requirements.
Management & Technical Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage functional teams (as necessary) and business process development to meet goals and objectives for the assigned project and systems/product delivery.
- Manage and review software and system development efforts of subcontractors on various project and product developments.
- Planning, monitoring, and coordinating the progressive installation of component subsystems with the total integrated systems delivery objective for assigned projects.
- Manage and contribute to the development, documentation and maintenance of systems architecture, systems configuration management, and systems integration for assigned projects.
- Ensure that the development of new processes and technologies are documented, advance state-of-the-art technology implementation, and develop system and architecture design methods, tools, test and integration methods.
- Attend conferences and lectures, as necessary.
- New ideas are shared with team that contributes to improvement or efficiencies.
Systems Development Management
- Support the oversight of the roadside systems field installation and testing, and the interface of field elements with the respective operational subsystem software integration, to include the traffic management systems and back office system.
- Maintain and monitor all baseline configuration documents for all the field installation, and executed tests.
- Contribute to project reporting requirements and prepare timely status reports across progress, forecast to complete, issue and risks.
- Review proposed field changes to subsystem interface designs or installation processes and mange field integrated testing and start-up.
- Provide oversight for the field installation of all elements of the TTMS supplied by vendor(s).
- Attendance at Design Build and VDOT meetings and other stakeholder meetings.
- Work closely with Technical Leads to review test plans, test procedures and test execution between the field elements and the Operations Center.
- Interpret standards and technical requirements, and provide opinion to PM as necessary.
- Ensure business models are accurately captured with the requirements management and business processing application tools.
Testing & Commissioning
- Maintain and monitor all baseline configuration documents for all field installation and executed tests.
- Responsible for implementing or managing software processes and applications based on defined concept of operations, functional and technical specifications, managing the details definition of interfaces, and managing interface control, and integration of software, hardware and transportation infrastructure efforts.
User Acceptance Testing
- Provide oversight for the field-testing of all elements of the integrated systems supplied by Systems Integrator and other vendors as required.
- Advises and coordinate with Systems Integrator on test phasing, test organization, test environment and test support tools for project delivery.
- Contribute to the review, comment and approval of relevant performance testing across all phases, including Unit testing, Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing and Integration Acceptance Testing.
- Witness and participate in testing review and analysis of test results and exit criteria.
- Contribute to the testing strategy for new applications, system installations and/or systems upgrades.
- Review and manage development of the system delivery UAT testing in conjunction with Operations Group.
- Coordinate acceptance and handover criteria for UAT.
Xenia Systems - 7 months ago