WOOD Consulting Services, Inc. is a dynamic and growing small business offering challenging opportunities to well qualified candidates. Since 1997, WOOD has brought innovative solutions to federal and state government clients in support of mission-critical requirements as a prime contractor and as a subcontractor. Today, we are a leading provider of transformation services with special emphasis on interoperability challenges faced by clients such as the Department of Defense, the Federal Aviation Administration, the Department of the Treasury, the State of Maryland, and Howard County Government.
WOOD has a benefit package that ranks within the top 5% of local businesses. We invite you to visit our website at www.woodcons.com to learn more and to submit your resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
WOOD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; all qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Oversees as well as installs, tests, and validates operational software as specified by installation standards, manufacturer's guidance and safety codes; Maintains a much broader knowledge of the system than junior technicians; Conducts on the job training for co-workers.
Should have experience in the following areas:
Experience in the following is a plus :
- Linux (or strong grasp of command-line usage)
- Scripting (Ruby, Python, PHP preferred, shell and Perl are acceptable)
- Security Tools (nmap, Netcat, intrusion detection systems, firewalls and packet-processors)
- Development tools (Eclipse, Subversion)
- Software development (Java, C/C++ preferred)
- Web technologies (WebLogic, Apache)
- Enterprise Messaging Systems (JMS)
- Database Administration (MySQL, Oracle, Mongo)
- Networking (protocols, fiber/Ethernet knowledge)
- Cloud/Virtualization technologies
- Data storage solutions
- Technical writing
- Mission knowledge
Requires Top Secret/SCI clearance with full-scope polygraph
- Must be able to work a 12 hour rotating shift (3 on, 3 off; 4 on, 4 off; 14 straights)
- BS degree in a technically related field (Communications Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or Mathematics)
- Five (5) years experience integrating systems using multiple operating systems (Solaris, Linux, Windows) and developing and implementing test plans and test scripts
- Experience performing all aspects of the integration and test of the system including installing the hardware in the racks, labeling cables, running cables, building the system to drawing package, quality assurance, loading operating system, loading applications, and all levels of testing in regard to the system
- The following certifications can each be substituted for one (1) year of experience each (max 3 years substituted): Oracle, Java, C++, MCSE/MCP, Linux, Solaris, Cisco, VMware, SUN Network Administrator, CDFM, DAU, and DAWIA or certification specific to the Labor Category