This position reports to the Information Technology Department, however, will primarily support operations within the Beverly Hills Fire Department.
Under the direction of the Business Information Systems Integrator, the Systems Integrator oversees various system projects of a highly complex nature, assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops schedules to ensure timely project completion. Effectively coordinates the activities of the team. This position actively communicates with the various client groups regarding status of specific projects.
• Develops and/or monitors schedules for assigned projects.
• Develops and manages project objectives for staff that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time based.
• Supervises multiple business and/or computer applications through development, implementation and support phases.
• Insures projects and project resources are prioritized based on business need.
• Becomes familiar with the system scope and project objectives, the role and function of each team member to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
• Works directly with departments to understand and document project business requirements.
• Monitors time and dollar expenditures to ensure projects and budgets meet established targets.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
• Promotes open and timely communication within and among department colleagues.
• Insures proper security measures have been evaluated and implemented as indicated by department policy, best practice or appropriate governing body.
• Insures code changes and modifications are managed using a documented change request system.
• Perform analysis, programming, system configuration, application integration and other functions as appropriate to meet project objectives.
• Reconciles conflicts within and between staff regarding resources, deadlines, and standards.
• Writes periodic progress, project status and problems resolution reports regarding information technology for management review.
• Evaluates and makes recommendations for needed training. Provide guidance, technical assistance and mentoring to staff as appropriate.
• Provides support during non-standard business hours as necessary or required.
• Maintains a high level of current knowledge regarding systems, technology, and communications.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management Systems or Engineering and five years of work experience in computer systems analysis, design and programming.
Two years project management experience. Advanced degree is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Capabilities, limitations, and functional applications of information technology methods and equipment.
• Information technology systems design and programming.
• Research techniques, methods, and procedures.
• Systems analysis, development, planning, and documentation methods and standards.
• Data base organization, access, and retrieval techniques.
• Project management and organization including monitoring time and dollar expenditures for tasks performed.
• Data communications principles, practices, and restrictions.
• Operate modern office practices and procedures, including equipment utilization.
• Information technology management.
• Visualize the big picture, develop novel solutions to problems, and leverage resources to get results.
• Work in a self-directed manner
• Ascertain if a project adds value (reduces time, cost or effort) before assigning resources.
• Prioritize work processes and projects
• Manage a software project from conception to implementation, on time, within budget
• Conduct research; analyze findings; prepare and present recommendations to management.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with city staff.
• Continually learn and demonstrate new skills via hands on training, classroom training and self-study.
City of Beverly Hills, CA - 17 months ago