Six3 Intelligence Solutions, Inc. (Six3) , headquartered in McLean, Virginia, was founded in 2009 to provide strategic and differentiated solutions and services to support the missions of customers. The company is based around six core values—Integrity, Ethics, Partnership, Trust, Quality, and Innovation—to provide excellence in serving the missions of our three key markets: Defense, Intelligence, and Civilian communities. The Six3 family is made up of industry-leading companies including Six3 Advanced Systems (BIT Systems) and Six3 Enterprise Systems, LLC (Novii Design). Our mission solutions include: biometrics, identity intelligence (I2), counterintelligence; command, control, communications, computers, and combat systems intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance (C5ISR); and Cyber security and enterprise architectures that protect U.S. interests at home and abroad.
Six3 Systems is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be key member of a dynamic, multi-disciplined team focused on developing Advanced Analytic capabilities for DoD customer in a Cloud environment. Solutions will use a variety of commercial, government, and open source software and frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, MongoDB, REDIS and Elastic Search to address “big data” processing and analytics. If you’re the type that thrives in an energetic, fast-paced environment and have a can-do attitude, then this position is for you.
• Performing full software development lifecycle activities – design, code, test, and debug applications
• Adhering to software development, configuration management and quality assurance plans
• Coding to meet requirement specifications
• Developing and maintaining software artifacts (e.g. design documentation, use case diagrams)
• Participating in team and client meetings and supporting internal and test events
Successful candidate must possess the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
• Experience developing web-based applications using Java, Ruby-on-Rails (3+ Years Required) and related languages and frameworks.
• Experience with structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data sets, using XML for data transformation and exchange; experience with DoD and IC data standards a plus.
• Experience with Apache Hadoop, Elastic Search, MongoDB, and Redis, or similar technologies, desired.
• Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
• Knowledge of software and system engineering and service-oriented architecture principles, concepts, and best practices. • High-degree of analytical and critical thinking skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills conducive to team building.
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or related field of study) and at least 5 years of software development experience.
We invite you to put your talents to work by joining a growing team of dynamic professionals here at Six3! Be part of a culture at our leading edge company where you can achieve great things while fostering a satisfying and rewarding career progression. Please visit us at: www.six3systems.com.
REQUIRES US CITIZENSHIP, AND THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN A TS/SCI SECURITY CLEARANCE
We welcome all qualified candidates to submit their current resumes to: email@example.com
Six3 is proud to support Workforce Diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ability obtain clear
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Bachelor of Science